Melodic classic rock band Scarlet Rebels were formed from the foundations of rock band V0iD. Singer songwriter WayneDoyle, energetic and powerhouse drummer Gary Doyle and harmonic, rhythmic bassist Wayne ‘Pricey’ Esmonde were joined by blistering lead guitarist Chris Jones and on second guitar/keyboards, Josh Townshend, who has rock royalty flowing through his veins, being the son of The Who guitarist Simon Townshend and the nephew of rock icon Pete Townshend. ‘Show Your Colours’ is the debut album by Scarlet Rebels, showcasing an array of songwriting talent, coupled with real sonic weight making it a stunning record from start to finish, never losing the focus that the song always needs to be served best. With the expert ears of Tim Hamill (Lemmy, Girlschool, George Michael) controlling the desk, the recording process started with drums and rhythm guitars before then handing over to the rest of the band to put their stamp on the songs. The outcome was 14 songs of soaring melodies, anthemic choruses, blistering guitars and heavy-duty drums.
Taking inspiration from the political situations across the world. Songs like ‘No One Else To Blame’ starts with a punch to the guts, thanks to a roaring guitar intro from Chris Jones, and sets the tone for the whole album. ‘You Take My Breath Away’ hits you with chorus of huge proportions while the talkbox intro and rant of ‘Head’s In The Ground’ follows. Next up is southern influenced ‘Part Of Me’ followed by the beautiful and poignant ‘Heal’ which climaxes with a duel chorus of two separate voices conversing. ‘Let Your Love Go’, ‘Nothing To Say’ and ‘Save Me’ maintain the highest of songwriting prowess and are all huge choruses based around roaring guitars and skull-busting drums. ’Blinded By The Pain’ follows with lyrical content based around mental health, which starts as a quiet introspective verse, that builds into a crescendo of layered vocals, guitars and pianos. ‘Shattered Dreams’ kicks the tempo back up with tribal drums, guitars and powerful vocals, before ‘Can I Open My Eyes’ sees an autobiographical lament from singer WayneDoyle, who’s tendency to get lost in the moment on stage means he often forgets the details of each show! The album closes with the sublime ‘Returning Light’ a haunting ballad about bereavement and losing someone close to you. Scarlet Rebels prove on this album that songwriting, melodies, guitars, solos, bass and drums won’t ever go out of fashion. Scarlet Rebels are on the march!
Scarlet Rebels are:
Wayne Doyle - Vocals/Guitar
Chris Jones - Lead Guitar
Josh Townshend - Guitar
Wayne ‘Pricey’ Esmonde - Bass
Gary Doyle - Drums
MARKETING AND PROMOTION / SELLING POINTS
• Debut full length album by the Welsh uprising melodic classic rock band Scarlet Rebels.
• "Show Your Colours" is released worldwide by ROAR! Rock of Angels Records (Mystic Prophecy, Steel Prophet, Ashes of Ares, Monument, Freternia, Enemy Inside, Guardians Of Time, etc.).
• Available on Jewel Case CD, Black Vinyl & Digital streaming/download format.
• Recorded in Sonic One Studios, Llangennech, Llanelli, South Wales
• Produced and engineered by Tim Hamill (Girlschool, Lemmy, George Michael)
• All songs written by W. Doyle, C. Jones, G. Doyle, W ’P’ Esmonde & J. Townshend
• All lyrics by W. Doyle
• Vocals - WayneDoyle, Backing vocals - WayneDoyle, Wayne Esmonde and Josh Townshend. Guitars - WayneDoyle, Chris Jones & Josh Townshend, Lead guitar - Chris Jones. Bass - Wayne ‘Pricey’ Esmonde. Drums and percussion - Gary Doyle. Keyboards and piano - Josh Townshend.
• Artwork - Josh Townshend
• All images by Graham Harries at G Photography
• Scarlet Rebels logo by Aled ‘Not Jones’ Williams
• Two official videos / digital singles to be released prior to the album release date.
• Targeted digital video campaigns via Google Ads in EU.
• Targeted product display ads via Google Ads in EU.
• Print magazine / webzine advertisement campaigns.
• EU promotional campaign to all relevant media.
1. No One Else To Blame
2. You Take My Breath Away
3. Head's In The Ground
4. Part Of Me
6. Let Your Love Go
7. Nothing to Say
8. Save Me
9. Blinded By The Pain
10. Shattered Dreams
11. Can I Open My Eyes
12. Returning Light
Digital Release (Bonus Tracks):
13. Losing End (Bonus Track - Digital Only)
14. Radio Song (Bonus Track - Digital Only)